- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 22 hours ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 5 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 6 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 7 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 8 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 11 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 13 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 14 days ago
‘Epic’ year for GLBN
A new initiative to be featured in their monthly calendar is a fortnightly breakfast meeting, Breakfast with a Twist. The formal event will give business owners and professionals the opportunity to meet more regularly, pass on referrals as well as discuss goal setting, brainstorming and education.
New focus groups will also target certain demographics and professions within the GLBN, including Girls Networking, Young Professionals and Allied Health.
“We wanted to set up an events calendar that met the needs of what our members told us in our survey in November. Sixty-six per cent of our guests come to us for the purpose of generating business and many of our members wanted something more structured to support referrals,” GLBN president Tyrone Shandiman (pictured) said.
“It will be an epic year for the GLBN”.
• The monthly Fruits with a Twist will remain the GLBN’s primary social event, but will start at the earlier time of 5.30pm to allow members to attend straight after work.
• The next Breakfast with a Twist will be held on February 14 at the Lord Stanley Hotel in East Brisbane from 7am.