- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 1 day ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
Milk on the big screen
ACON will host a special fundraising screening of Milk, starring Sean Penn, at the Palace Academy Twin on 22 January. The film is based on the life of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man elected to office in America. In the wake of a bold campaign to protect the rights of gay men and lesbians, Harvey Milk was brutally assassinated by a fellow San Francisco city councillor in 1978. The screening will be followed by a fabulous after-party at the Polo Lounge and the Supper Club at the Oxford Hotel.
info: The screening starts at 6.15pm and tickets are $45 each.