- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 5 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 11 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 13 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
Acceptance commemorate Stonewall
For only the second time, Acceptance held a multi-faith service last Wednesday, June 24 as part of the celebrations for Pride Week.
Adding a different flavour to the two week Pride Festival, the service drew in worshippers from MCC Sydney, MCC Good Shepherd, the Leichhardt Community Church and the Uniting Church, to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Stonewall.
We marked the 40 years with prayers accompanying the lighting of the six rainbow coulours, Acceptance spokesman Tim Smyth said.
After readings from different faith traditions, the Multi Faith service concluded with the lighting of a white candle celebrating unity, diversity and pride.
We hope that this service will grow and require a larger venue in future years as it becomes an important part of Sydney Pride Week.
info: Fore more information on Acceptance go to www.gaycatholic.com.au