- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 1 day ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 8 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 9 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 12 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 14 days ago
Not such a drag
The SGLBA is proud to support an initiative designed to bring people to Oxford St’s Golden Mile for a little pre-Parade weekend shopping.
For years, Shop Yourself Stupid was a major part of the Mardi Gras calendar. The day was a crazy mixture of drag queens, shopping and cocktails.
This year, the Main Drag comes to Oxford St on Saturday, February 25. Once again drag queens will stroll up and down the Golden Mile — generating interest, stopping traffic, attracting customers and promoting Oxford St as the premier destination for international, interstate and local visitors alike.
Drag performances will be staged outside key gay venues, in Taylor Square and up and down Oxford St. There will be prizes for shoppers, a ‘Dorothy’ lookalike competition, free massages in Taylor Square, buskers, muscle boys and zumba classes.