- Overseas recognition bill vote nearsPosted 1 day ago
- Bernardi doubles down on polygamy commentsPosted 1 day ago
- Intersex reforms pave way forwardPosted 2 days ago
- Australian Marriage Equality says Rudd better for reformPosted 5 days ago
- Police-gay relations under reviewPosted 5 days ago
- Midsumma returns to Alexandra GardensPosted 5 days ago
- AFL trans vilifiers ordered to participate in mediationPosted 6 days ago
- University stifles gay rights groupsPosted 6 days ago
- Tel Aviv gay centre shooting suspects appear in courtPosted 6 days ago
- Funds renewed for LGBTI grants programPosted 6 days ago
Gaga charity auction
A tea cup used by Lady Gaga during her visit to Australia last year is being auctioned off to raise money for NSW HIV/AIDS charity ACON. ACON received the teacup – which has lipstick marks from Gaga on the rim – and matching saucer from Channel Nine following an appearance by Lady Gaga on A Current Affair in July, 2011. ACON CEO Nicolas Parkhill said the item was a great contribution to the charity’s fundraising drive ahead of World AIDS Day.
“A similar teacup used by Lady Gaga during a tour in Japan was recently auctioned off and raised over $75,000,” Parkhill said.
“While it would be great to get that sort of figure, we’re anticipating a more modest return.”However, Lady Gaga is one of the biggest superstars on the planet with some seriously dedicated fans so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”
It’s being auctioned on eBay as part of ACON’s 2012 Red Ribbon Appeal.
The online auction on eBay begins on Thursday, November 22, and is set to end at midnight (AEST) on World AIDS Day, Saturday, December 1. The successful bidder will also receive a copy of Pokerface by Maureen Callahan and a DVD of Lady Gaga’s appearance on A Current Affair.