- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 14 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 15 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 1 day ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 1 day ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
- GLBN Christmas PartyPosted 2 days ago
Big gay business lunch
You may have heard about Mardi Gras’ new fundraising event, the Big Gay Weekend, to be held on the October long weekend, September 30 – October 3.
The weekend kicks off with an initiative aimed at reclaiming Oxford St — the Big Gay Friday wristband event across all your favourite venues on the strip. Buy a wristband for $10, of which $5 is a donation to New Mardi Gras. Participating venues include the Colombian, the Midnight Shift, Stonewall, Bitch Boutique @ Ruby Rabbit, Nevermind, Arq and Polo lounge @ the Oxford.
The rest of the weekend is all about the parties and events presented by Sydney’s best promoters, who have kindly agreed to give a percentage of their ticket sales to the Mardi Gras Parade fund.
The SGLBA is promoting business lunches and after work catch-ups on Friday, September 30. Why not get a group of people together for a long lunch or some after work bevvies? This is the perfect time to invite your team, colleagues or work social group out for a stint on the strip. Participating restaurants will be listed at www.biggayweekend.com.au