- Lesbians Explain ‘How Two Girls Have Sex’Posted 14 hours ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 20 hours ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 21 hours ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 2 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 2 days ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 2 days ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 3 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 3 days ago
CONGRATULATIONS NEW ZEALAND: Couples tie the knot as same-sex marriage becomes legal
Same-sex marriage officially became legal at 8:30am this morning in New Zealand, as couples across the Land of the Long White Cloud prepare to celebrate their love’s legal recognition for the first time.
Trent Kandler and Paul McCarthy (pictured), who won our Making History competition back in July, are among the first couples to tie the knot, exchanging vows at 9:30 this morning in the Te Papa Tongarewa Museum in Wellington. Trent and Paul first met 11 years ago in Newcastle and have been together ever since.
Meanwhile, Modern Family actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson is getting hitched at 30,000 feet, marrying his longtime partner Justin Mikita on an Air New Zealand flight today. Ferguson and Mikita first married in New York last month.
293 domestic same-sex couples lodged marriage forms as soon as they could be legally accepted, with 30 Australian couples also applying.
Congratulations New Zealand, from all of us at the Star Observer.