- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 1 day ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 1 day ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 2 days ago
Not such a drag
The SGLBA is proud to support an initiative designed to bring people to Oxford St’s Golden Mile for a little pre-Parade weekend shopping.
For years, Shop Yourself Stupid was a major part of the Mardi Gras calendar. The day was a crazy mixture of drag queens, shopping and cocktails.
This year, the Main Drag comes to Oxford St on Saturday, February 25. Once again drag queens will stroll up and down the Golden Mile — generating interest, stopping traffic, attracting customers and promoting Oxford St as the premier destination for international, interstate and local visitors alike.
Drag performances will be staged outside key gay venues, in Taylor Square and up and down Oxford St. There will be prizes for shoppers, a ‘Dorothy’ lookalike competition, free massages in Taylor Square, buskers, muscle boys and zumba classes.