- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 11 hours ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 7 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 8 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 11 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 13 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 14 days ago
YouTube’s most watched activism videos
YouTube has released a list of its 10 most-watched not for profit/activism videos.
Topping the list is South America superstar Shakira, whose WAKA WAKA: Let’s All Dance For 1Goal (below) was watched almost 4 million times.
The fun video teaches fans the dance moves to the diva’s smash hit World Cup anthem in a bid to raise aware for her universal access to education charity.
An interview with Shakira about her philanthropy also placed fourth in the countdown.
Several gay themed videos are featured in the list, notably Lady Gaga’s passionate plea for the senate to repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and Dan Savage’s launch of the anti gay bullying campaign It Gets Better.
Gaga’s video placed 4th with 2.29 million views, while Dan came in 8th place with 1.18 million clicks.
Other clips to make the countdown include a behind the scenes look at the making of We Are The World and the launch of Miley Cyrus’ charity Get Ur Good On.
Here is the full list:
1. Shakira – WAKA WAKA: Let’s All Dance For 1GOAL, 3.71 Million
2. Oliver North – US Troops Veterans Day, 2.83 Million
3. A message from Lady Gaga to the Senate Sept 16 2010, 2.29 Million
4. YouTube Presents: An Interview with Shakira, 1.84 Million
5. Target Ain’t People, 1.34 Million
6. The Majestic Plastic Bag – A Mockumentary, 1.32 Million
7. Earthquake in Haiti, 1.23 Million
8. It Gets Better: Dan and Terry, 1.18 Million
9. Behind the Scenes Interviews – Part One, 1.17 Million
10. Get Ur Good On, 1.11 Million