- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 15 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 15 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 16 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 17 hours ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 21 hours ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
ENTERTAINMENT: Pam Ann back for a bumpy ride
Everyone’s favourite trolley dolly, Pam Ann, returns to our shores in 2014 with a brand new show, Plane Filthy. We caught up with the world’s most fabulous flight attendant to find out what she has in store for Aussie passengers aboard Pam Ann Airways:
Q: Sydney will see the world premiere of Plane Filthy – what can you tell us about the new show?
A: My Asian character Lily will be flying – or some would say cartwheeling – in for the first time on Asiana Airlines. This will be the first time Australian audiences will see her in all her glory, showing off her new airline uniform and how she’s been dealing with emergency situations. Pam Ann is back with a barrage of new material, crude language, filthy talk, topical and edgy subjects which some people will of course find offensive. This show is not for children and is intended for mature audiences with filthy minds who love a cock! There is an interval on this tour because I know you queens like a cocktail and the opportunity to cruise in between acts.
Q: You’ll be in Sydney for Mardi Gras – will you be mixing business and pleasure during this trip?
A: Hell yeah! I have been going to Mardi Gras since the 90s. Performing during Mardi Gras time is very important to me as the gays are my family and we must celebrate and keep fighting for equality and gay marriage. The gays are everything to me so to be celebrating with them is an honour.
Q: A few travel questions now. What are your best tips for travelers to get through a long haul flight?
A: Xanax and red wine.
Q: What can travellers do to get the air hostesses on their side?
A: Shut up, sit down, don’t make eye contact and do not press that fucking call button – it’s wired to customs and immigration.
Q: What’s been your own worst air travel experience?
A: Any experience when I am up the back. Look, don’t get me wrong – I like it ‘up the back’ but not up the back!
Q: You’ve performed for Elton and Madonna, had your own TV show, and performedo huge audiences – what’s been the highlight of your career so far?
A: Elton John’s flight to Venice and being invited to David Furnish’s 40th birthday party would have to be the highlight of my career. Cher is a close second though… and you can’t beat the applause from a huge crowd, it is like a drug.
Q: You’ve got a huge gay following – why do you think that is?
A: I am a gay man trapped in a bear’s body! For all my Aussie gays, I will always be there for you, from talking you out of a K Hole to fighting for legalising gay marriage in Australia.
INFO: Plane Filthy, Sydney State Theatre February 28; Brisbane’s Tivoli March 12; Melbourne’s Princess Theatre March 14. Full tour dates at livenation.com.au