- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 16 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
Pro-gay ad takes gold
An advertisement commissioned by Australian Marriage Equality that explains and dispels misconceptions about the legalisation of gay marriage has won an international design award.
The animated ad, titled ‘Marriage Equality: What it’s All About’, won the Gold Award for Best Social Promotion at the BASS International Awards of Broadcast Design. Selected for the award via a combination of popular vote and a panel of judges from Spain and the United States, the ad uses easy-to-understand graphics to dismiss common arguments against same-sex marriage.
Melbourne-based motion grapher Bobby Voeten was the ad’s visual designer.
“This campaign shows people that the rejections against same-sex marriage are pointless and based on nothing but false assumptions. I might be straight myself but where I’m from people don’t tolerate discrimination in general,” Holland-born Voeten said.
“I hope the Australian government and its people will get on the right side of history.”