- South Australia to vote on gay marriagePosted 16 hours ago
- Ex-gay organisation to closePosted 17 hours ago
- Liberal defies Abbott on gay rightsPosted 18 hours ago
- Foreign same-sex marriage bill defeatedPosted 19 hours ago
- Commission in Brazil approves overturning ‘gay cure’ banPosted 19 hours ago
- SA Parliament thanks NZ for gay marriagePosted 21 hours ago
- Russian anti-gay law condemned internationallyPosted 21 hours ago
- Pakistan leads world in gay Google searchesPosted 21 hours ago
- DLP Senator wants constitutional marriage equality banPosted 21 hours ago
- Sydney gay politics overhaul?Posted 2 days ago
Phelps releasing book
Health expert and gay rights advocate Professor Kerryn Phelps AM will release her first health book this month.
Openly gay Phelps, one of Australia’s most respected GPs, shares her approach to ultimate wellbeing in the book, which will offer information on how to lose weight effectively; how alcohol affects your health; how to quit smoking for good; what vitamins, supplements and herbs to consider taking; how to sensibly detox; how to combat stress and boost your immunity to enhance your wellbeing.
The mother of three was awarded the Centenary Medal for services to health and medicine and in 2011 was named a Member of the Order of Australia for service to medicine, particularly through leadership roles with the Australian Medical Association.