- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 2 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 3 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 4 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 8 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 9 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 9 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 10 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 11 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 14 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 15 days ago
Phelps releasing book
Health expert and gay rights advocate Professor Kerryn Phelps AM will release her first health book this month.
Openly gay Phelps, one of Australia’s most respected GPs, shares her approach to ultimate wellbeing in the book, which will offer information on how to lose weight effectively; how alcohol affects your health; how to quit smoking for good; what vitamins, supplements and herbs to consider taking; how to sensibly detox; how to combat stress and boost your immunity to enhance your wellbeing.
The mother of three was awarded the Centenary Medal for services to health and medicine and in 2011 was named a Member of the Order of Australia for service to medicine, particularly through leadership roles with the Australian Medical Association.