- Labor clarifies position on marriage referendumPosted 12 hours ago
- Darwin Outgames calls for volunteersPosted 14 hours ago
- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 1 day ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 1 day ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 1 day ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 1 day ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 3 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 3 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 4 days ago
TOP 5 Gay Books (Non-Fiction) – September
1. The End of the Homosexual? by Dennis Altman
Dennis Altman connects what has happened within the changing queer world over the past forty years to larger social, political and cultural trends.
2. The Velvet Rage: Overcoming the Pain of Growing Up Gay in a Straight Man’s World (2nd edition) by Alan Downs
Drawing on contemporary research, the author’s own struggle with shame and anger, and stories from his patients, this empowering book passionately describes the stages of a gay man’s journey out of shame.
4. Behind the Candelabra: My Life with Liberace by Scott Thorson
This republished memoir by Liberace’s ex-lover is the basis for the new Steven Soderbergh HBO tele-film starring Michael Douglas as Liberace and Matt Damon as Scott Thorson, and features a new afterword written by Scott Thorson.