- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 1 day ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 1 day ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 1 day ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 3 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 3 days ago
How to take the perfect selfie
After another weekend of countless photos posted on social media during several different stages of narcissism and undress over the festivities, we thought it might be time to help you brush up on the skills in the art of taking the perfect selfie. Below is a handy list to assist in turning that duck-face pout into selfie model gold.
1. First things first, take off your phones cover. Even though there is a hole on the cover for the camera, sometimes it can catch the cameras focus, causing your photos to be slightly less clear.
2. Use a filter. It’s cheaper than using Photoshop and easier to use. It helps hide tired skin, can help enhance colour and wash out any wrinkles and dark circles.
3. It’s all about the angle. Follow the lead of models, hold your phone high above your head and away from you at a 45 degree angle so that you look slim and trim in your selfie.
4. And then the deity said let there beer light. The key to a ‘better’ self is good light, and unless you work in a photo studio, why not use the best light nature has. That being, the sun, step outside to take your self. Early morning or late afternoon is the ideal time for lighting.
5. Duck what? When taking a selfie leave the duck face back in the pond and unless you are a Kardashian, leave that look where ever you found that too.
Under no circumstance are you allowed to pull a duck face in a self. A smile – yes. A Smirk – maybe. A duck face … delete delete delete. The face of duck has been done to death, please do not.
6. Enjoy yourself, take your time, and explore your creativity. It’s your selfie, make it unique to you (don’t forget to look at the camera hole and not your phones screen). But above all look natural and have fun, or at least make it look like you are having fun.
7. Find your best angle. Left side … right side … backside … either side, learn which side your camera loves. Unless of course you are model material and have one of those perfectly symmetrical face. But because most of us are not, pic a side, or go with the earlier suggest 45 degree angle. An app that allows a timer on the camera also helps so you are not pressing and posing at the same time.