- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 5 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 11 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 13 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
BEAUTY AND THE BEAT
THE GO GO’S
Grrl group the Go Go’s debut album has received a long-overdue digital remastering for this special 30th anniversary edition, due out at the end of the month. It comes with an inessential bonus live disc (although their cover of the Shangri-Las’ Remember Walking in the Sand is fab), but really, it’s all about the 11 classic tracks that make up the original album. You’ll know the two massive singles, We Got The Beat and Ours Lips Are Sealed, but the other nine bursts of girl power make this one of the best pop debuts of all time.
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Rodgers and Hammerstein’s 1965 classic The Sound of Music will never go out of fashion (perhaps partly due to the fact that it was never actually in fashion). Given a spiffy new remastering for its 45th anniversary, this triple-disc combo pack comes with a DVD, Blu-ray and digital copy, each loaded with a plethora of special features including behind the scenes images, trivia, interviews and more. Best of all, there’s an interactive Sing-A-Long playback option, so you can bust out classics like The Hills Are Alive in the privacy of your own home.