Last September 17 GLBT organisations came together to hold a round-table on what they wanted to see the community look like in the year 2020.
Seven key priorities were chosen:
1. Education & support resources
2. Continued community dialogue
3. Building a culture of care in the community
4. Greater leadership opportunities and harnessing talent within our community
5. Involving the media
6. Focusing on Anti-discrimination laws and full legal equality
7. More collaboration & resource-sharing across organisations
One of the major commitments that made at the round-table meeting in September was to form a working group to develop a community consultation framework.
At the end of the survey processes, the material will be turned into brief reports, which will be made available to all of the participating community groups.
Both surveys have been designed to help us prioritise the key issues which have already been identified in the Roundtable process. We have specifically included opportunities for people to nominate additional ideas, or topics for inclusion in future round-table forums.