Pride Festival has been and gone, and all this cold weather can send you back into that little cave of comfort. So unless looking like a bear is your thing it’s time to check your look in the mirror. Fitness is very much driven by a sense of pride in your appearance and can have a dramatic effect on your physical and psychological wellbeing.
Gay sporting groups
I am constantly amazed at the number of times people question why people participate in gay sporting groups or activities. Is it that we are embarrassed to hang out with all the other gays? My experience is that there is something very cool about going running with another bunch of poofs and/or lezzos who all like to have a laugh and get fit. It’s not that gay sporting groups don’t take their sports or activities seriously, some are very successful in competitions, its just that they seem to have an inclusive and encouraging atmosphere that is because you are gay -“ not is spite of it.
Pride is about looking at who you are, what you have done and more importantly what you can become. Check out the Team Brisbane website www.teambrisbane.com and get along to one or more of the sports groups to show you have pride in more than yourself.
Top 5 sporting pride groups
1. Brisbane Frontrunners -“ they put the fun into run, and talk into walk.
2. The OutTrekkers -“ fitness and great scenery -¦ ideal if you love the bush.
3. Touch Footy -“ fast and furious, and boys play too.
4. Gay Tennis Brisbane -“ it’s love all, all year round. Serve it up, baby.
5. Aqualicious -“ with a hot new calendar, come on in the water’s steaming.