Europe’s gay summer is only just beginning — so what better time to visit one of the many Gay Pride festivals happening this year across Europe’s coolest cities?
In the coming five weeks the Sydney Star Observer and Lufthansa/Austrian will introduce you to the best places to visit to experience the gay social scene and night life, and Gay Pride celebrations all over Europe.
With Mardi Gras been and gone, why not let Lufthansa take you to one of the many gay celebrations across Europe this year? Lufthansa takes you there.
Be part of the parade in Berlin, visit the colourful Life Ball in Vienna or jump on the party boat in Amsterdam.
And what is known as a Gay Pride festival in the rest of Europe is known as Christopher Street Day in Germany and Switzerland — commemorating the Stonewall Riots that took place on Christopher St in New York’s Greenwich Village in 1969.
For those looking to party less and explore more, then discover Eastern Europe with Austrian Airlines and discover what gay life is like in cities like Prague, Budapest, St Petersburg or Moscow.
Want to know the best ways to travel Europe, combine multiple cities into your trip and have a safe time? The Sydney Star Observer and Lufthansa/Austrian will give you the tips and tricks you need to know.
- May 10 – 12 & 14 Eurovision Song Contest 2011, Düsseldorf, Germany
- May 21 Life Ball 2011, Vienna, Austria
- June 1 – 12 EuroPride Roma 2011, Italy
- June 16 – 19 Zurich Pride Festival 2011, Switzerland
- June 18 – 28 Barcelona Pride, Spain
- June 25 Christopher Street Day, Berlin, Germany
- June 25 Gay Pride Paris, France
- July 1 – 3 Cologne Pride, Germany
- July 1 – 3 Madrid Pride, Spain
- July 2 London Gay Pride Parade
- July 9 – 10 Christopher Street Day, Munich, Germany
- July 20 – 24 Eurogames 2011, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- July 29 – 31 Christopher Street Day, Frankfurt, Germany
- August 4 – 7 Amsterdam Gay Pride, Netherlands
- August 6 – 14 Brighton and Hove Summer Pride, Brighton, England