- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
DT’s on the market
Much-loved gay drinking hole DT’s Hotel is up for sale. The Richmond pub has been put on the market, and will be auctioned on May 26 at 2pm.
The news is sure to rattle Melbourne’s gay pub and club scene. This month also marks the end of Commercial Rd gay nightspot The Market.
Having served drinks to the GLBTI community for 16 years, DT’s is also well known for its drag and community events, and being the stage of drag personality Dulcie Du Jour.
Bar manager Bruce McKenzie, who’s been with the pub from the beginning, said he was unable to comment on the sale.
When DT’s turned 14, McKenzie told the Star Observer the hotel had become a Melbourne institution.
“Some of the people I first served when they were 18 or 19 are now grown up and heading into their mid-30s, and I’ve been able to watch them grow the whole way,” he said.
The Star Observer was unable to reach DT’s owner Rob Buck for comment before print.