- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 12 hours ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 7 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 8 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 11 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 13 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 14 days ago
South Africa: lesbian stabbed
A South African woman is lucky to be alive after she was stabbed four times by men who called her a “fucking tomboy” and accused her of stealing men’s girlfriends.
Noxolo Nkosana had returned to the Crossroads township, where she lives, after work with her partner and was attacked after getting out of her car.
“They called to me but I didn’t respond,” Nkosana told journalists.
“When I looked back, one of them was coming for me. He stabbed me twice in the back and I fell down. While my partner screamed for help, he stabbed me two more times.”
There has been a series of rapes and murders of black South African lesbians in recent years. GLBTI activists have been pressing the African National Congress-led government to declare so-called corrective rape, where women are raped in the belief it will make them turn straight, a hate crime.