- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
Ghana: anti-homophobia group
Amidst a media frenzy over homosexuality in Ghana, human rights organisations in the country have joined together to establish a taskforce called the Coalition Against Homophobia in Ghana (CAHG).
Coalition spokesperson Mac-Darling Cobbinah said the coalition was formed to address issues of homophobia within institutions and Ghanaian society.
“Institutions, in this context, are both human rights and HIV/AIDS groups who do not honour diversity but promote hatred and call homosexuals names behind their backs,” Cobbinah said.
The Coalition has among its objectives to create a friendly rapport between the media and the LGBT community and to educate people to respect the rights of LGBT people’s privacy and human dignity.