- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 1 day ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 8 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 9 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 12 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 14 days ago
Midsumma calls for entries
Melbourne’s largest queer arts and cultural festival, Midsumma, is calling for artists and community groups to register to take part in the 2012 festival.
With the September 19 registration deadline fast approaching, artists of all stripes are being urged to get into gear and submit an application to show their work.
The Midsumma Festival showcases a huge range of arts programming during the annual three-week event, including theatre, spoken word, performing arts, visual arts, film, live music and social forums.
Festival organisers estimate around 160,000 people attended programmed events during the 2011 festival held in January and February.
Open to all artists, Midsumma is a great opportunity for both emerging and established artists to show their work. Registration fees for artists remains the same.
Stallholders are also being urged to register now to secure their place on Carnival Day, which will be held at Birrarung Marr on January 15, 2012. This year saw some of the largest crowds attend the day.
The deadline for stallholder registrations is October 31.
INFO: Register at www.midsumma.org.au