- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
Gay marriage revolt?
A Conservative Party politician has warned of a backbench revolt against marriage equality.
The Independent reports that at one of the party’s committee meetings, backbenchers opposed the Government’s planned consultation in March.
MP David Burrowes said the debate should be about “how we view marriage rather than about homosexual rights”, and said there was no public outcry for marriage equality.