- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 5 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 11 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 13 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
Showing youth the love
Open Doors Youth Service, which supports LGBT people aged between 12-24, will hold a special fundraiser in February in conjunction with the Wickham Hotel in Fortitude Valley.
Cupid Gets Queer: A Valentine’s Event will contribute door proceeds to Open Door’s Young and Proud program.
There will be entertainment from special guest DJ Ish, performances from Jules Woo and a drag show with Skye Blue and Belle James.
Open Doors offers services including suicide prevention, peer mentoring, drop-in days, Indigeous queer programs and the Reconnect Program which helps young homeless LGBT people find accommodation.
Cupid Gets a Queer is at the Wickham’s Upstairs Bar from 8.30pm on February 18. Tickets are $10 full price and $7 concession. Open Doors is at 5 Greensquare Close, Fortitude Valley, phone (07) 3257 7660 or email email@example.com