- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 1 day ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 5 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 6 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 7 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 8 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 11 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 13 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 14 days ago
‘Torture clinics’ to close
Ecuador’s Ministry of Health is investigating and closing hundreds of underground ex-gay clinics after more than 100,000 people joined an online campaign against them on Change.org.
Ecuadorean women’s rights activists started the campaign after working with women who had escaped what they call “torture clinics”.
Many of these women cite widespread abuse including verbal threats, shackling, days without food or water, sexual abuse, and physical torture.