- Sydney gay politics overhaul?Posted 20 hours ago
- Overseas recognition bill vote nearsPosted 2 days ago
- Bernardi doubles down on polygamy commentsPosted 2 days ago
- Intersex reforms pave way forwardPosted 3 days ago
- Australian Marriage Equality says Rudd better for reformPosted 6 days ago
- Police-gay relations under reviewPosted 6 days ago
- Midsumma returns to Alexandra GardensPosted 6 days ago
- AFL trans vilifiers ordered to participate in mediationPosted 7 days ago
- University stifles gay rights groupsPosted 7 days ago
- Tel Aviv gay centre shooting suspects appear in courtPosted 7 days ago
Global gay contests join next year
Two of the world’s largest gay contests are joining forces to combine beauty and brawn in Antwerp, Belgium next year.
Mr Gay World (MGW), a global beauty pageant for gay men and the World Outgames sporting competition will collaborate for the first time for the 12-day celebration.
The event will be held July 31 – August 11, marking the fifth annual MGW contest and the third World Outgames.
Comprising 35 sports, the Outgames will also present cultural events and human rights forums, including a human rights conference.
The last Outgames was held in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2009 while this year’s MGW contest took place in Johannesburg, South Africa this month.
MGW president Eric Butter and World Outgames Antwerp 2013 co-founder Jerko Bozikovic said they were proud to work together on the event.
PICTURED: Contestants in this year’s Mr Gay World competition. Photo: MrGayWorld/MrGayEurope