- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
ADF uniforms backlash
People have taken to social media to voice their anger over the Australian Defence Force’s announcement that ADF members can wear their uniform to march in the Mardi Gras parade this year. Facebook pages for The Royal Australian Navy and Your Defence, a organisation supporting defence families, were peppered with frustrated and upset users who opposed the move for different reasons.
Some were upset since defence members are not allowed to wear their ceremonial uniforms during the ANZAC march, while others were more generally against the move.
“This is bullsh#t. They talk about equality, but defence members are ordered not to wear uniform [sic] on ANZAC Day, yet a minority can wear the uniform in a gay parade. Where is the equality?” one person wrote.
Many people were in support of the move which is a first for LGBTI defence members.