- Sydney gay politics overhaul?Posted 1 day ago
- Overseas recognition bill vote nearsPosted 2 days ago
- Bernardi doubles down on polygamy commentsPosted 2 days ago
- Intersex reforms pave way forwardPosted 3 days ago
- Australian Marriage Equality says Rudd better for reformPosted 6 days ago
- Police-gay relations under reviewPosted 6 days ago
- Midsumma returns to Alexandra GardensPosted 6 days ago
- AFL trans vilifiers ordered to participate in mediationPosted 7 days ago
- University stifles gay rights groupsPosted 7 days ago
- Tel Aviv gay centre shooting suspects appear in courtPosted 7 days ago
Teen comes out in front of entire school
A brave teenager in the US has used an acceptance speech to announce to his entire school that he is gay.
Whilst accepting the ‘Class Actor’ award during a ceremony for senior students at his high school in Parsippany, New Jersey, Jacob Rudolph (pictured) came out in front of his peers.
“Sure I’ve been in a few plays and musicals, but more importantly, I’ve been acting every single day of my life,” Rudolph said.
“You see, I’ve been acting as someone I’m not.
“Most of you see me every day. You see me acting the part of ‘straight’ Jacob, when I am in fact LGBT. Unlike millions of other LGBT teens who have had to act every day to avoid verbal harassment and physical violence, I’m not going to do it anymore.
“I am what I am, and that’s how I’m going to act from now on.”
Rudolph’s admission is greeted with rapturous applause and a standing ovation from his classmates.
Watch his speech below: