- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 22 hours ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 1 day ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 5 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 9 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 10 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 10 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
FamilyVoice prays for no discrimination change
Controversial Christian lobby group FamilyVoice Australia is literally praying for religious exemptions to remain in flagged national anti-discrimination changes.
The organisation’s website directed followers to pray over the Australia Day week to stop the “normalisation” of homosexuality and gender diversity which they say will result from any changes to national anti-discrimination legislation.
“Almighty God, we pray about proposed reforms of anti-discrimination laws, as they may bring same-sex normalisation based on gender identity and sexual orientation,” the Australia Day Prayer Points read on the FamilyVoice website.
The organisation has recently been criticised for lobbying for the cancellation of a program that targets homophobia and transphobia in schools.
Last year a ‘health report’ by FamilyVoice, sent to NSW MPs, warned that gay sex was like “swimming in a sewer” and was labelled as misleading junk science by doctors.