- Sydney gay politics overhaul?Posted 13 hours ago
- Overseas recognition bill vote nearsPosted 1 day ago
- Bernardi doubles down on polygamy commentsPosted 1 day ago
- Intersex reforms pave way forwardPosted 3 days ago
- Australian Marriage Equality says Rudd better for reformPosted 5 days ago
- Police-gay relations under reviewPosted 6 days ago
- Midsumma returns to Alexandra GardensPosted 6 days ago
- AFL trans vilifiers ordered to participate in mediationPosted 6 days ago
- University stifles gay rights groupsPosted 6 days ago
- Tel Aviv gay centre shooting suspects appear in courtPosted 7 days ago
Meet Matt this Mardi Gras
Sydney’s iconic Bookshop Darlinghurst will host two events with Matthew Mitcham this Mardi Gras, giving fans an opportunity to get up-close-and-personal with the Olympian-turned-author.
Head to the Midnight Shift from 5.30pm on February 28 for An Evening with Matthew Mitcham, where the diver will talk about and sign copies of his autobiography Twists & Turns. Then from midday on March 2, he’ll appear at the Bookshop Darlinghurst for a book signing.
The champion diver’s book chronicles both the high of his Beijing Olympic Games success in the 10m platform and the crippling self-doubt, drug abuse, and shadow of depression that had plagued him all his life, even forcing him into premature retirement.
Mitcham achieved the highest single dive in Olympic Games history in 2008 and became the first Australian male to win a gold medal in diving since 1924.