- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 1 day ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
Gayby doco screened on ABC2
A documentary on the world of same-sex families and what it’s like growing up with gay and lesbian parents will screen on ABC2 later this year. Growing Up Gayby is directed by Maya Newell, a ‘gayby’ herself with lesbian mums.
Newell’s been trying to kickstart a documentary on the subject for some time, with the idea proving to be a crowd favourite at online crowdfunding website, pozible.com.
It raised more than $100,000 from 1,244 financial supporters.
Newell and producer Charlotte McLellan started searching for children from same-sex families in February 2011 for the documentary.
The ABC screening is part of the Opening Shot 2 project which supports local documentary makers aged 35 and under. Dates for the ABC2 screening are yet to be announced.
Check out the fundraising trailer for Gayby Baby below: