- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 1 day ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 8 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 9 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 12 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 14 days ago
Sunshine Coast Pride beams
Now in its fifth year, the festival, which had previously only been confined to a single day, celebrated three days of pride and helped raise visibility of the coast’s LGBTI community.
More than 1000 people attended the festival, which kicked off on Friday with a film night in Nambour.
Maroochydore hosted the Rainbow Bingo night that saw Brisbane drag queen bingo favourite Monica Fusions take her ball turning prowess and skills up north for the first time.
“Bingo was a blast. Monica was a fantastic host for the evening and had everyone in stitches,” festival committee member Paul Ferguson told the Star Observer.
The festival culminated with Sunday’s Fair Day that took over the University of the Sunshine Coast and saw more people attending than ever before.