- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 12 hours ago
- Christine fostering a good runPosted 12 hours ago
- Star Observer issue 1204Posted 22 hours ago
- Grindr makes us healthier and better lookingPosted 1 day ago
- Tom Daley’s male partner revealedPosted 2 days ago
- Under The MirrorballPosted 2 days ago
- Same-sex marriage in the ACT will be legal – for five days at leastPosted 2 days ago
- Gay rights, marriage equality lead social media share warsPosted 2 days ago
- Homophobic attacks on Tom DaleyPosted 3 days ago
- What World AIDS Day means to mePosted 3 days ago
A grandfather’s stern letter to his daughter after kicking out her gay son
A grandfather in the US has received a flood of online support after writing a letter to his daughter after she disowned her son when he came out to her. The letter, which was posted on FCKH8′s Facebook page, has attracted more than 9,000 likes and 3,000 comments since it was uploaded on Monday morning. In the letter, it is revealed that Christine’s son Chad had recently come out to her and she had kicked him out of the family home, a move that Chad’s supportive grandfather was disgusted by. Christine’s father does not hold back his disgust, letting her know that the “real abomination here” is her decision to kick out her gay son.
“You’re correct that we have a ‘shame in the family’, but mistaken about what it is,” he blasts her. After blasting his daughter for her shocking treatment of her own son, he then tries to reason with her by saying that Chad “didn’t choose it [being gay] any more than he being left-handed”.
The supportive grandfather continues on to describe his daughter’s actions as ‘hurtful, narrow-minded and backward,’ before threatening to disowned her for being a ‘heart-less B-word of a daughter.’
‘We were blown away by how this guy stands by his grandson and stands up against his own homophobic daughter. This is real love.’ wrote FCKH8.com.