- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 2 days ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 2 days ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 4 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 5 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 6 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 10 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 11 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 11 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 12 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 13 days ago
Gaga criticism grows
One Republic frontman and songwriter for hire Ryan Tedder has weighed in on the debate about Lady Gaga’s new single Born This Way, declaring the song a copy of Madonna’s Express Yourself.
The man who wrote Bleeding Love for Leona Lewis and Halo for Beyoncé – among many others – told The Hollywood Reporter: “[Born This Way] is Express Yourself.”
“Me and my wife drove around today and that song came on KISS-FM every hour on the hour,” he continued.
“We were singing Express Yourself over the melody! If I wrote Express Yourself and I heard that song, I would be calling my manager five minutes later… If Madonna’s not getting credit on it, then I would just say, be careful.”
However, Ryan also took into account that Born This Way could be sampling Madonna’s 1989 hit single.
“Maybe they credited Madonna, honestly,” he said. “It happens.
“There are a lot of successful hits out there where you read the liner notes and realise there’s a part of another song.”
Watch a comparison of the two songs below.
Are the similarities just a coincidence or has Gaga been a bad, bad girl?
Via Pop In Stereo.