- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 22 hours ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 1 day ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 5 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 9 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 10 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 10 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
Korean pop the next big thing?
The five-piece Korean boy group, Big Bang, have shocked music industry experts by landing a top 10 album on US iTunes.
Korean pop – or K-Pop as it’s now commonly referred to – has become one of the hottest genres in music with articles about the growing phenomenon appearing in Billboard magazine and MTV online.
This has led to a number of K-Pop acts trying their luck in America – from Wonder Girls to BoA – but so far with little success.
That is until the release of Big Bang’s latest mini-album Tonight.
It becomes the first K-Pop album to reach the top 10 on US iTunes and is the only non-English language album in the top 100.
If the genre’s popularity keeps growing at this rate, it’s only a matter of time until the K-Pop wave reaches Australia.
Check out a 40 second preview of Tonight below.