- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
GLAAD Award Winners
Ricky Martin was the big winner at last night’s GLAAD Media Awards – a ceremony that honours the media for promoting positive images of the LGBT community.
The 90s pop icon took home the Vito Russo Award for his work as a role model and took the opportunity to talk about his experience coming out.
“I’ve been through an intense spiritual process for the last five years, especially the last two years. I needed to share it with the world,” Ricky told reporters.
“I’m walking today with my head up high, and to be here? To be receiving an award? I’ve only started.”
Since coming out, the Livin’ La Vida Loca singer has been viewed as a role model, particularly by Latin Americans.
After receiving the award, he thanked his boyfriend and said “let’s go Latin America and let’s share the love!”
Other winners included True Blood for Outstanding Drama Series and 30 Rock for Outstanding Individual Episode of a television program.
Via New York Daily News.