- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 1 day ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 5 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 6 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 7 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 8 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 11 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 13 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 14 days ago
Gotye disses Glee cover
There’s been a fair few music acts not willing to have their tunes covered by TV musical Glee, but it seems one who has was not so impressed with the treatment.
Australia’s Gotye, whose US #1 hit Somebody That I Used to Know appeared on Glee in the US a few weeks ago, let his feelings known to the Sunday Mail.
The song was sung by star Darren Criss – who plays gay character Blaine - and openly gay guest performer Matt Bomer in the episode.
“They did such a faithful arrangement of the instrumentals but the vocals were that pop Glee style, ultra-dry, sounded pretty tuned and the rock has no real sense, like it’s playing to you from a cardboard box,” Gotye said.
The song shot up the Billboard charts after Glee featured it.
Check out the performance below and let us know if you think the criticism is warranted.