- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 24 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
Kylie embraces Sydney
She’s created numerous No.1 chart-toppers, produced countless music videos, had starring roles on Neighbours and Kath & Kim and now Kylie Minogue is taking over Sydney’s 2012 New Year’s Eve celebrations.
In March, Minogue was appointed as Sydney’s creative ambassador for the NYE event.
Her 2012 NYE theme was announced this week as ‘Embrace’.
“Embrace is all about acceptance, tolerance, fun and, above all, love,” Minogue said.
“Whether it’s embracing new ideas, change and opportunities, or just giving a big hug to your family and friends, it’s something everyone can get involved in.”
Lord Mayor Clover Moore MP said she was excited about the new creative ambassador’s plans for the New Year’s Eve show and is expecting it to be a success.
“31 December is going to be a night to remember with more than one million people around Sydney Harbour and over one billion around the world watching the spectacular show,” Moore said.
In the lead up to the New Year’s Eve celebrations, Sydney will be covered in the official Embrace icon. From buses to banners and all-over bus stops, the icon – complete with Kylie’s signature ‘K’ – will be hard to miss.