- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 2 days ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 3 days ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 5 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 6 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 6 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 10 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 11 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 11 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 13 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 14 days ago
George Takei helps you come out at Christmas
Christmas can be a somewhat difficult time of year for members of the LGBTI who aren’t ‘out’ to their families and being open and honest at this time of year can be a tricky and delicate issue. Enter Star Trek star, gay icon and Facebook phenomenon George Takei.
During a spoof infomercial on a recent episode of Conan with US late night host Conan O’Brien, Takei offers his unique services to deliver someone’s ‘coming out’ news to their family over Christmas dinner.
O’Brien’s long time sidekick and show announcer Andy Richter offers this service with Takei thrown in for a small extra fee to offer his congratulations on “your newfound identity”.
“Coming out to your family during the holidays is never easy,” Ritcher says in the sketch.
“It can be a delicate process, and sometimes you need a helpful nudge. That’s where I come in.”
“Welcome to the wonderful world of gay!” Takei exclaims during the ad.
“And if any of you m*therf*ckers give him sh*t about it, I will come back here and f*ck. your. sh*t. up.”
The infomercial can be seen below.