- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 5 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 11 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 13 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
Wainwright to join Paul Simon for OZ tour
Coming close behind the 25th anniversary of his musical landmark album, Graceland, Paul Simon has confirmed that he will be touring Australia in March and April this year. His tour will begin in Adelaide at the Entertainment Centre ( March 27) before heading to Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena in (March 28) followed by a special show at Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley (March 30) before culminating in a show at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (April 2).
Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, January 30. Tour organisers said Simon will perform hits from across his career;fFrom his humbler beginnings in Greenwich Village folk clubs in the 60’s, to his iconic partnership with Art Garfunkel as well as his celebrated solo career.
Supporting the massive folk singer are none other than queer crooner Rufus Wainwright, and singer Jimmy Cliff.
An music industry legend, Paul Simon has earned 12 Grammy Awards (including three Albums of the Year), and in 2003 he received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as half of the duo Simon and Garfunkel.
INFO: Tickets for Paul Simon’s Australian tour go on sale Wednesday 30th January at 9am.
Check out the video for ‘Call me Al’ one of Simon’s most well known and popular songs, below:
Check out live performance for Rufus wainwright’s hit ‘Ciggerettes and Chocolate Milk’ below: