- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 17 hours ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 1 day ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 5 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 6 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 6 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 8 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 9 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 12 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 12 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 14 days ago
Silhouettes by Avicii – did you pick it?
You’ve probably heard Avicii’s Silhouettes in the clubs for some time now, but did you know how it’s connected to the LGBTI community?
The film clip to Silhouettes shows snapshots of a young trans woman’s journey, from pre-op to post-op.
It shows interjecting clips in the lead up to the gender reassignment surgery; the actual surgery and then some serious partying by the young trans woman, post-op.
It all starts to make a bit more sense when you put some of the lyrics to the film clip:
“We’ve come a long way since that day and we will never look back at the faded silhouette,” sings Salem Al Fakir in the chorus.
The verses add some more detail: “We are the newborn, the world knew all about us. (We are the future and we’re here to stay).
“Straight ahead on the path we have before us, day by day, soon the change will come.”
Avicii has hit the Australian charts a few times but really made his mark with Levels last year.
The Swedish DJ also apparently features in the clip as the TV chef.
Check out the film clip below: