- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 2 days ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 2 days ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 4 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 5 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 6 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 10 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 11 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 11 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 12 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 13 days ago
The ‘ultimate’ gay marriage ad
The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad is the latest online satirical video to have a dig at gay marriage opponents.
The US ad, running at just over a minute, sees a married couple fret over what will happen to their marriage and family if same-sex attracted people were allowed to do the same.
“They’re trying to make gay marriage legal,” the man says.
“Oh my god, what’s going to happen to our marriage… but I don’t want to get a divorce or marry a woman,” she replies.
Shortly afterwards, a little girl asks “Mummy, daddy, if gay people are allowed to get married, will you still love me?”
To which the dad replies “…let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that”.
A voice-over then finishes with “Help straight people from getting divorced and hating their children.”
It follows on from other ads that have made fun of gay marriage opponents such as the Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends.
Check out the ad here: