- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 2 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 3 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 4 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 8 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 9 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 9 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 10 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 11 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 14 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 15 days ago
Ellen’s mum to visit PFLAG
Betty DeGeneres, mother of US talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres, will be visiting Australia with her daughter this month and has agreed to attend the March meeting of NSW’s Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).
An active member of PFLAG USA, Betty DeGeneres hails from New Orleans and is the first non-gay spokeswoman for the Human Rights Campaign’s National Coming Out Project.
She first came to the public’s attention following her daughter’s groundbreaking coming out in 1997.
Another famous mum, Greens leader Christine Milne, joined the PFLAG contingent for the Sydney Mardi Gras Parade earlier this month.
The meeting of PFLAG NSW will be held on Saturday, March 23 at 2pm in the Conference Room, Wesley Lodge Motel (cnr. Hawkesbury and Queens roads, Westmead).
INFO: Contact Judy on (02) 9869 1454 or visit www.pflagaustralia.org.au