- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 19 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
Gals say ‘I Do’ in Microsoft ad
Is Microsoft’s new commercial a sign of a cultural shift in favour of same-sex marriage or just a marketing ploy?
The ad, promoting Microsoft’s email service Outlook, features a lesbian couple just married which is greeted with a positive response from a friend via email.
The commercial’s tagline is “Get Updated” which could be seen as a cheeky jab on marriage equality opponents considering the subjects used in the ad.
Microsoft recently joined a coalition of companies that filed a US Supreme Court brief calling for the Defence of Marriage Act (DOMA) to be struck down, arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
The coalition of some 70 companies also included Facebook and Google.
Check out the ad below: