- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 20 hours ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 22 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 22 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
ABC hosts mass same-sex TV wedding
Adam Hills will make history this month when he hosts Australia’s first ever mass same-sex TV wedding on Monday, March 26 in Melbourne.
20 couples have already registered to take part in the non-legal TV wedding extravaganza.
may not be able legally marry in Australia yet, but they sure as hell can have a great big TV wedding,” Hill said.
In February on the show, Adam asked his audience the question: If you were Prime Minister for a day, what law would you change/introduce? The majority of the audience said they would legalise same-sex marriage.
One eager audience member kicked it all off by proposing to her girlfriend on the show. Adam offered to throw them a same-sex TV wedding, and later extended the invitation.
“If you’re a gay man, and you want to TV marry your male partner, you’re invited. If you’re a lesbian woman who wants to TV marry your female partner, you’re invited. If you’re transgender or bisexual and want to marry your same sex partner, you’re invited. If you’re a gay man who wants to marry a lesbian woman – well, bizarrely enough that is already legal, so you don’t really need us,” he said.
While Adam has been busily making preparations for the wedding, word reached the other side of the world, and a video message of support came from TV host and author Stephen Fry. You can watch the message below.
Musician Adam Ant will also make a return appearance with band The Good, The Mad and The Elegant Posse.
The wedding is intended to be a simple and elegant affair, but like all good TV weddings, there’s bound to be some unexpected surprises on the day.
LGBT couples can still register to take part in the Adam Hills in Gordon St Tonight TV wedding by emailing their details to email@example.com
The mass wedding will be broadcast on Adam Hills is in Gordon St Tonight on Wednesday, March 28 at 8.30pm on ABC1