- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 20 hours ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 20 hours ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 23 hours ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 24 hours ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 1 day ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
- GLBN Christmas PartyPosted 2 days ago
- Queerscreen Trivia @ Warren View Hotel EnmorePosted 2 days ago
- Imperial Hotel VIP 30th BirthdayPosted 2 days ago
Britney: ‘Bitch’ is “in respect to the gays”
Last week we reported that Britney Spears thought her gays were “thrilling and adorable and hilarious”. Now she’s saying that her latest single ‘Work Bitch’ is apparently “in respect to the gays”.
During an interview with gay UK talk show host Alan Carr, Britney spoke about using the word bitch in her new track.
“I don’t call everyone … that word. I just use it as, it’s like in respect to the gays as a term of endearment,” she said. “It’s like a street slang for everyone, you know, like you get to work, that’s what you do when you get to work and it’s, like, cool.”
Britney also described how she had learned ‘bitch’ as a term of endearment from gay friends.
In 2011, Britney told Out magazine she would love her sons “no matter what” were either to come out as gay. She also said she supports same-sex marriage because “everyone should be treated equally”. Last year, she comforted a gay “X Factor” contestant who came out to her during his audition.