- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 11 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 1 day ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 1 day ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 1 day ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
- GLBN Christmas PartyPosted 2 days ago
- Queerscreen Trivia @ Warren View Hotel EnmorePosted 2 days ago
Britney – “gays are adorable”
In an interview with San Francisco GLBTI radio station NOW FM, pop icon Britney Spears spoke of the gay influence on her career whilst talking about her new single, ‘Work Bitch’, to the station’s breakfast hosts Fernando and Greg.
“A lot of my hair stylists and beauticians that I work with are gay. so I hang out with gays a lot. I just think they are absolutely thrilling and adorable and hilarious.”
Spears reacted with delight when told that ‘bitch’ was used as a term of endearment within the gay community , saying ”Oh cool! I’m glad you guys do,” but when asked by the hosts: ”Do you say it (It’s Britney Bitch) when you call people?” Spears replied: “No, I don’t”.
There must be a few Britney fans out there who are somewhat disappointed that the gay icon doesn’t use her own catchphrase – a tiny bit of pop-culture expectation just died in a few hearts.
Watch the clip: