- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 2 days ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 3 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 3 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 3 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 3 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 3 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 3 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 4 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 4 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 4 days ago
Cher turns down Russia
Gay icon Cher has refused a request to perform during at the Winter Olympics in Sochi because of the “gay hate” in Russia.
“I can’t name names but my friend called who is a big oligarch over there, and asked me if I’d like to be an ambassador for the Olympics and open the show. I immediately said no. I want to know why all of this gay hate just exploded over there. He said the Russian people don’t feel the way the government does.”
Cher joins the ever-growing list of celebrities who have denounced Russia’s ‘gay propaganda’ laws.