- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 2 days ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 3 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 3 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 3 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 3 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 3 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 3 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 4 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 4 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 4 days ago
GLAAD Award Winners
Ricky Martin was the big winner at last night’s GLAAD Media Awards – a ceremony that honours the media for promoting positive images of the LGBT community.
The 90s pop icon took home the Vito Russo Award for his work as a role model and took the opportunity to talk about his experience coming out.
“I’ve been through an intense spiritual process for the last five years, especially the last two years. I needed to share it with the world,” Ricky told reporters.
“I’m walking today with my head up high, and to be here? To be receiving an award? I’ve only started.”
Since coming out, the Livin’ La Vida Loca singer has been viewed as a role model, particularly by Latin Americans.
After receiving the award, he thanked his boyfriend and said “let’s go Latin America and let’s share the love!”
Other winners included True Blood for Outstanding Drama Series and 30 Rock for Outstanding Individual Episode of a television program.
Via New York Daily News.