- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 3 days ago
Jason Donovan comeback
Jason Donovan is poised for a chart comeback.
The as-yet-untitled album is due to appear on our shelves an online music stores on March 16.
“It feels great to be going back in the studio,” Donovan said.
“I know exactly how I want the new album to sound and I’m as excited as I’ve ever been about a record.
“I want to give a massive thank-you to my fans for all their support in 2011, here’s to a brilliant 2012.”
For those too young to remember, Donovan first shot to fame as an actor in 1986 when he took the role of Scott Robinson in the Australian TV soap Neighbours at the very height of its popularity.
His debut album Ten Good Reasons, produced by UK hit factory Stock, Aitken and Waterman, was one of the biggest sellers of 1989 in both Australia and the UK.
Singles include Too Many Broken Hearts, Nothing Can Divide Us, and his duet with then lover Kylie Minogue, which is still the biggest seller of his career.
Most recently he played the role of Tick in the Prisciulla musical on London’s West End, having famously turned down the Felicia role played by Guy Pearce.
Jason Donovan is one of the most successful singers in British history with world sales of 13 million albums and 4 UK #1’s.
He was 1989’s biggest selling artist throughout the UK and Europe.
His debut album was the highest selling album of 1989 with 1.5 million sales (and included two #1 singles)
In 2002 he moved to Australia to star in the series MDA on the ABC.
In 2009 he took up the lead role of ‘Tick’ in Priscilla Queen of the Desert which was a massive box office success in London’s West End.
Here’s a few reminders of Donovan hits from the past.